Richmond Fed History

Spotlight

 
+ Share

April 15, 2014

Early Photos of the Site of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond

The Original View at 9th and Franklin Streets

the original site

In 1916, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond acquired land facing Capitol Square as the site for building a structure to house all bank operations. Ground was broken in June 1919 and the cornerstone was laid on April 13, 1920.

The Bank was located at 9th and Franklin Streets until 1978.

The Laying of the Cornerstone Event

The Laying of the Cornerstone Event

Cornerstone

cornerstone view 1
Contact Us
Bob

Bob McTeer talks about leading the Baltimore Branch and becoming president of the Dallas Fed.