April 2, 2013
Financial Literacy Month 2013
April is National Financial Literacy Month! The Richmond Fed will be engaged in a number of financial education activities across the Fifth Federal Reserve District during April. These activities, along with recently debuted resources, represent a snapshot of our ongoing financial education efforts throughout the year. These efforts focus on providing reliable economics-based information and tools to help people make informed decisions about their personal finances, especially key financial decisions that can have large and long-lasting impacts on their well-being.
- April 8, North Carolina Personal Finance Challenge, Charlotte, N.C.
- April 13, Community College of Baltimore County’s Annual Personal Finance Expo, Baltimore, Md.
- April 20-27, Money Smart Week West Virginia, West Virginia Statewide
- April 25, South Carolina State University Financial Literacy Conference, Orangeburg, S.C
- April 30, Virginia Jump$tart Coalition Financial Fun Expo, Richmond, Va.
New Financial Education Resources
- Majorfinancialdecisions.org contains free tools to help answer important financial planning decisions related to how to pay for college, whether to buy or rent a home, and how to plan for retirement.
- 5E Navigator is a semiannual online publication that takes readers on a navigation-themed journey exploring a personal finance topic. The first issue features credit reports.