From the archives of the Richmond Fed, Spotlight features some of the more interesting documents, images and other artifacts from its long history.
During 2014, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond commemorated the Bank’s first 100 years. Spotlight featured a new item each week highlighting something different about the Bank, its people, and the culture that has been built over its history.
Richmond and the Fifth District have grown together over the past 100 years.
President Woodrow Wilson sent a letter of thanks to FRB Richmond Governor George Seay.
A letter from the Virginia Trust Company to the Richmond Fed, negotiating the price of land at Ninth and Franklin Streets.
The cornerstone ceremony for the new FRB Richmond building, December 8, 1977.
The eight entries in the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond design competition.
A letter from Federal Reserve Board Chairman Marriner Eccles thanking Richmond for all they had done during the first 30 years.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond officially opened for business on November 16, 1914.
The Richmond Fed opened on November 16, 1914, at 1109 East Main Street in Richmond.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond dedicated its new and current headquarters on November 14, 1978.
In 1959, the Board of Directors established resident auditors at each branch.