The 2012 Jump$tart Coalition National Educator Conference
Fri., Nov. 2, 2012 - Sun., Nov. 4, 2012
3 p.m. - 12 a.m.
JW Marriott, Chicago, IL
The 2012 Jump$tart Coalition National Educator Conference, the first national conference designed for classroom teachers and fully dedicated to personal finance education, will be held again this year in Chicago, Illinois from November 2-4. The conference supports the teaching of personal finance by:
- Demonstrating financial education resources—in breakout sessions and the exhibit hall—that teachers could begin to use immediately.
- Providing participants with personal development—financial education that they can use themselves.
- Providing teachers with a nationwide network of colleagues.
- Treating teachers as valued professionals and demonstrating industry support for classroom education.
- Subsidizing the cost for teachers to attend the conference at a time when school budgets are stretched extremely thin.
If you are interested in attending, the Virginia Jump$tart coalition would like to pay expenses up to $750 (including the $395 registration fee) for four Virginia teachers to attend. The registration fee covers two nights of lodging, conference meals and more!
If you are interested in attending, please email Courtney Fleming with your name, the name of the school where you teach, the city in which your school is located, and a one-page document with an answer to one of the following questions:
- What is the biggest challenge in making personal finance relevant to high school students and how do you (or would you) go about addressing this challenge over the duration of teaching a personal finance course to high school students?
- Explain why attending this professional development opportunity would be beneficial to you and your students.
Please send this information by October 5, 2012.
Pre-K – 12 Teachers
Teacher Scholarships to 2012 Jump$tart Coalition flyer
Deadline: Oct. 5, 2012
Registration has closed. Thank you for your interest.